Keep an Open Mind

"Curiosity killed the cat," This old proverb warns that too much exploration or experimentation may be dangerous.
Presumably the opposite, being incurious or not open to learning new things is a wiser course.
So is it better to have a closed mind and play it safe?
Some play on fears of the unknown and try to limit information and learning because they want to control others. While we may not always agree with what we find, it is better to listen and try to understand differing points of view.
I've always been curious and enjoy learning new things. I try to remind myself that I can learn something from everyone I meet.
The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open. Keeping an open mind will get you farther in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are the best consumer review sites

The hidden value of adversity